Executive Officer – Outreach
At a glance
Pro Bono SG
7 February 2024
2 March 2024
- Handling inquiries and requests via multiple channels such as phone, email, chat and social media.
- Greeting visitors/applicants and directing them to the appropriate legal information/legal assistance resources, including registration.
- Answering and directing phone calls, handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Providing first line information and support to persons seeking assistance from PBSG
- Facilitate the resolution of service user complaints and issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Logging and tracking service use interactions to identify trends and areas of improvement.
- Facilitating the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date service user information and database records.
- Documenting service interactions and resolutions in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Escalating complex or high-priority issues to the appropriate department or team for further investigation and resolution.
- Participating in training and development programmes to enhance customer service skills and knowledge.
- Staying current on changes in services, policies and service consumer needs to provide effective support.
- Liaising with external agencies and authorities.
- Managing legal clinics at various locations and in the evening / weekends on a rostered basis.
- Supervising and training interns supporting the Contact Centre and Legal Clinic processes.
The Successful Candidate
- Preferably 2 years of relevant working experience
- Exposure in legal industry is not required, but would be an advantage
- Minimum GCE A Level
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Teams
- Excellent customer service, communication and listening skills to interact with members of the public seeking legal aid
- Fast thinking and resourceful to manage difficult/ unexpected applicants and situations with calmness and professionalism
- Flexible and open to new ideas and approaches
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to learn fast and work in a dynamic environment
- Organised and reliable, able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Passion for pro bono and community work