Pro Bono Program Assistant
At a glance
Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project
Los Angeles, US
7 February 2024
The Pro Bono Program Assistant will work on recruiting and maintaining communication with pro bono attorneys and volunteers, managing databases and assisting in the overall management and retention of volunteers. The Pro Bono Program Assistant will also assist with maintaining pro bono manuals and pro bono resources. The Pro Bono Program Assistant may assist with pro bono intakes for detained adults, unaccompanied minors, released adults and families identified through our Community Education Programs. The Pro Bono Program Assistant will put together and advertise Esperanza’s fundraisers and events. The Pro Bono Assistant will assist with social media across multiple platforms. The Pro Bono Program Assistant will assist and report directly to the Pro Bono and Capacity Building Directing Attorney.
The Successful Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or at least 5 years of related experience;
- Proficiency in oral and written Spanish preferred;
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization preferred;
- Experience working with immigrant communities preferred;
- Prior experience in a coordinator roll highly desirable;
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects at once required.
- Strong verbal communication, phone and writing skills;
- Strong typing and computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Mail Merges, etc.; and
- Passion for social justice for immigrants and vulnerable communities.