Pro Bono Program Assistant
At a glance
Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project
Los Angeles, US
16 November 2023
The Program Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Capacity Building and Pro Bono Director to provide support to all Esperanza’s programs. Main responsibilities include:
- Support the team by developing our pro bono and volunteer programs, including developing and maintaining internal policies and procedures as well as developing and maintaining internal referral lists of pro bono and low bono resources both locally and nationally.
- Assist in recruiting pro bono attorneys, volunteers, and interns.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining pro bono and volunteer recognition.
- Conduct pro bono intakes done for our Community Education Programs.
- Coordinating the matching of cases with pro bono attorneys or other resources, as well as matching pro bono attorneys with attorney mentors.
- Coordinate Esperanza’s special events, which include fundraising events.
- Assist with Esperanza’s social media across various platforms.
- Create outreach materials and publications such as Esperanza’s quarterly newsletters.
- Support generally the Directing Attorney for Pro Bono and Capacity Building.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or at least 5 years of related experience;
- Proficiency in oral and written Spanish preferred;
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization preferred;
- Experience working with immigrant communities preferred;
- Prior experience in a coordinator roll highly desirable;
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects at once required.
- Strong verbal communication, phone and writing skills;
- Strong typing and computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Mail Merges, etc.; and
- Passion for social justice for immigrants and vulnerable communities.