Communities for Change Pro Bono Coordinator
At a glance
Husch Blackwell LLP
various locations, US
7 February 2024
The Communities for Change Pro Bono Coordinator is responsible for administrative support for the Communities for Change (C4C) Pro Bono Initiative which is focused on minority-owned businesses to bring about positive change in the U.S. with respect to racism. Responsibilities will include administrative assistance for C4C Pro Bono Counsel and the Pro Bono Team.
- Assist C4C Pro Bono Counsel and Pro Bono Team with all aspects of day-to-day C4C case administration, including processing and advancing potential C4C clients through the application intake process; opening new pro bono matters; circulating new pro bono opportunities; generating engagement, closure letters and other written communications; and answering questions about the program.
- Coordinate with Pro Bono Team concerning compliance with internal and external reporting requirements, such as surveys; rankings; responses to requests for pro bono data.
- Assist with client interaction and other communications with C4C clients and referral partners. Maintain information on community referral partners.
- Coordinate with Pro Bono Team and Client Development to promote the Firm’s pro bono activities with a particular focus on C4C content.
- Assist Pro Bono Counsel and Pro Bono Team in coordinating community events clinics, workshops, conferences and seminars designed to assist small businesses with whom the Firm does not establish client relationships through C4C but may still assist, such as through clinics, workshops, conferences and seminars, and coordinate efforts to increase C4C brand awareness in HB Communities.
- Prepare material and coordinate administration of C4C Pro Bono CLE courses.
- Organize, track and perform consistency checks for C4C pro bono matters.
- Provide administrative support to the C4C Pro Bono Counsel, i.e., maintain calendar, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, conference room(s), offices, materials, expense reports, etc.
- Maintain HuB C4C Pro Bono page and pro bono calendar with C4C events and materials.
- Field phone calls regarding C4C pro bono assistance.
- Assist with preparation of information for pro bono reports and various newsletters.
- Draft memoranda and correspondence as needed.
- Review and edit Proformas.
- Organize all C4C pro bono events, including but not limited to presentation editing, invites, track attendee lists, catering arrangements, name tags, invitations, etc.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal clients, i.e, firm legal professionals, supporting their efforts to open and work on C4C matters.
- Assist Pro Bono Counsel and other firm legal professionals in the transition of clients from the C4C program.
- Work with Pro Bono Team on other pro bono initiatives as assigned.
The Successful Candidate
- High School Diploma or GED required; 2‐ year degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment. Experience supporting legal professionals a bonus.
- Excellent software skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess understanding of basic office methods, practices, procedures, including filing systems, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Prepare correspondence with minimal direction.