Associate / Snr Associate – Pro Bono
At a glance
12 February 2024
- Working with the pro bono team and broader firm to deliver on existing law reform, case work and increased pro bono clinic participation.
- Working with the pro bono team and broader firm to build on existing practice across our three priority areas
- Autonomously manage legal files and work with the Pro Bono Partner to co-ordinate the efforts of junior practitioners working on the same matter.
- Preparing briefs of evidence and briefs to counsel, review draft advices, take witness statements and other correspondence to clients or other parties.
- Interpret relevant case law or legislation on new and developing practice areas.
- Business development activities including networking, seminar presentations, client relationship development and thought leadership.
- Provide coaching and feedback to junior practitioners and contribute to their development.
- Delegate administrative or legal tasks to administrative staff, law clerks or junior lawyers.
The right person will be adept in their ability to critically analyse facts and identify issues and can develop relevant legal strategies. You are highly organised with excellent file management skills. You have the ability to work under pressure and autonomously, good at delegation and feedback skills.